MidWeek

Decided to take a bit of a break from this forum.  Thought no one would notice (or care).  Felt like I was getting quite stale.  What do I know?  Someone asked me when I was going to update my blog.  Since I haven't posted anything for a few days, I do have a few thoughts running through my head.

1.  Squirmed a bit when I heard the talks by Pres. Uchtdorf and also Jeffrey Holland during conference this last weekend.  Two of my favorites to listen to.  Two fabulous talks.  How did they know that I need just a bit of chiding.  Spent some time (some additional time) repenting.  Keep thinking about that bumper sticker:  "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you."

2.  Am nervous about friday morning's oral surgery to remove a toothgonebad. Who knew a tooth root could be re-absorbed?  Seriously thought about just doing it under a local anesthetic.  Opted for IV sedative - don't want to hear the doctor's words when he has difficulties.  Rather not know.

3.  Actually enjoyed making lasagne for dinner last night.  It will last through dinner tonight, and lunch tomorrow.  Love those 3 day meals.  And it didn't taste half bad, either.

4.  Everytime I walk past the entry way and see the cross-stitch I just had framed it makes me smile.  Love the picture.  Love the colors.  Love the reminder:  Love Spoken Here.  Need to be reminded to always speak love.

5.  Hoping the estimates to replace the patio come in reasonable enough that we can afford to have them done, that the annual work bonus will cover it.  It dreadfully needs replacing.  Can't enjoy it much in the present condition. Wasn't the cement supposed to last longer than 11 years?

6.  Love this from Dave Barry:  "Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.  A large group of professionals buit the Titanic."  (Of course, we know that Noah had divine help, still...)

7.  Decided to finish reading The Hunger Games trilogy.  Am halfway through the second book.  Am coming to like it better, although I'm still a bit conflicted about it.  And now there are two books in my stack, two more waiting to be picked up from the library and another in transit for me to pick up in a couple days.  Perhaps it will be a good thing to be recovering from the oral surgery for a couple days.  Hope I'll be lucid enough to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment