Another Lesson Learned and a Couple Favorites

Tonight was supposed to be our 3rd Annual Draper By Moonlight Bike ride.  The lesson we learned:  to do it in June like we have in the past.  (Things conspired against us in June and July so we postponed to the full moon in August.)  In August the goatheads or puncture vines or whatever you call them are healthy and pesky.  Even though The Husband spent 3 hours the other day cleaning them off the trail, he couldn't make enough of a dent in them to prevent any flats.  I was w-a-y too afraid one of our group would end up with a flat tire and have to walk the 5 miles back.

So...instead, we by-passed the ride and went straight to our post-ride refreshments:  sprite/sherbet floats and Lorna Doones.  The Husband built a fire in the chiminea since we had a rare August storm come through and it was a perfect night for sitting and visiting out in the moonlight.

The guys seemed to especially like the Lorna Doones.


And a couple favorites:

For dinner we had one of my very favorite summertime meals - fresh corn on the cob (learned how to do it quick and easy in the microwave - w-a-y cool!) fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese.

Seeing kids ride their bikes on the smaller roads always evokes memories of being out on my bike when I was a kid.  For some reason I love to see kids out on their bikes.

Going to lunch with a friend and really enjoying it.  She's 12 years older than I am and I find that the older I get the less that matters.  She seemed to really like the birthday gift I got for her.  Corner Bakery continues to be a new favorite.  I'm working my way through the menu.






No comments:

Post a Comment