Likes

Here are a few things I've liked from the last couple days:


  • It wasn't fun getting caught pulling from my parking spot through the one in front ('stead of backing up the way you're supposed to) - keeping someone from driving into the spot because I was in the way.  The fun part was being in the way of our friend.  (Thanks, M,  for being patient with me.)
  • Answering the doorbell yesterday afternoon to find our 9 year old neighbor there inviting me to her (and her friend's) lemonade stand.  Only $.25 / cup.  She'd ridden her bike a block and a half to extend the invitation.  And...I received a bonus hug in the deal.
  • Actually watching a hen/chicken cross the road in front of my bike.  She didn't mention why, she just crossed.
  • Quickly loaned The Daughter my iPod to take to work (hers ran out of juice).  She told The Husband it was like having me in her pocket. Haven't been aware of being in someone's pocket before.
  • Receiving a text.  I still really love that rectangular smiley face.  Makes me happy.
  • Receiving some clothing I ordered on a killer sale.  And discovering everything's a keeper.  No returning anything.
  • Chocolate almond butter - by the spoonful.
  • Finally, after much to-and-fro-ing, making reservations, and purchasing tickets to go to the beach for a week.  One of these years we're going to go for two weeks;  yes, one of these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment