Wishes

A news report on something or other today said something along the lines of:  if you're concerned about running out of wishes.....

Now that stopped me in my thought tracks.  Running out of wishes.  Hmmm.

I began to wonder what my wishes are - except for the usual peace among people, health for us all, "enough" (food, clothes, shelter, love) for everyone.  I thought about wishing on a star.  And wishing for a talent or passion (other than The Husband). Or wishing for a steadfast friend. Eyes that would never need glasses. Or the rain that we need.  And on a fanciful wish note: paint that would change color at the tap of a finger or a body that would become the perfect weight/shape/height/size at the mere tug of an earlobe, carpet that would never need vacuuming.  The list could be as endless as the imagination.

My ultimate conclusion was that wishes represent hope.  Without hope we would just wither.  Hope provides momentum and impetus.  So my wish/hope is that we never run out of hope - or wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment