Must Be Monday

Maybe I'll just start with #1 and go down the list of out-of-the-ordinary things happening so far today.


  1. On my bike ride this morning I saw a cat.  Not in itself unusual.  The unusual part was the mouse  hanging from its mouth. (No chance to get a picture.)
  2. Running into The Husband doing one of his many good deeds:  going along the trail with his shovel cleaning up the goat head/puncture vine weeds so as to reduce the bike tire flats.  What a thoughtful soul.
  3. Making a call to pay a bill under The Husband's name and having the lady on the other end of the phone (after she'd asked the insured's birthdate so as to connect with the proper account) ask me if I am his mother. ???
  4. Having a dumpster delivered.  Doesn't happen often,  Probably is overkill, we might fill it half-way, but having seen what happens around here, I'm sure we'll have some phantom deposits.
  5. School started today.  Been a long time since I was so aware of the beginning-of-school-year activities. (The grandson arrived with a smile on his face.  That's a good sign - first day of Jr. High.)
  6. Arranged to rent the sheets, towels and beach umbrellas for our week at the shore.  Seems vague and uncertain, although I think we're both looking forward to it. (Stopping the newspaper for a week is the topic for another day.)
  7. Received a birthday card in the mail.  So delightful.  The sender:  Kohl's! Now I know I'm important! (One year the only card I received was from the dentist. That card hasn't yet arrived - birthday still some weeks away.)
  8. Having a food rebellion day.  Popcorn (leftover - a rare purchase, free refill - from the movie on Saturday) as a chaser to my breakfast oatmeal.  Hot chocolate (yes, it's 90 degrees outside) along with lunch and I'm planning to run to Corner Bakery (for the second time today - first was for a bundt-lette for the neighbor's birthday) for dinner-dessert.
  9. Was doing a bit of reading and came across the word "peaked" when they were talking about something that "piqued her interest."  Am I really the only one that noticed? Maybe I should go into editing.
  10. Heard the news:  The Son got the job he wanted with the city police department.  Pretty soon I'll be calling him "Officer".  Sounds strange, or should I say "unusual"?

No comments:

Post a Comment