Back To Real Life

This morning it was back to real life.  Playtime is over for awhile.  It felt good to be back on the elliptical - I'll be trying to drop those 4 pounds I gained over the vacation.  Laundry is almost caught up, same with the ironing.  Still need to apply the vacuum and steamer to the floors.

It rained all night long, rained most of the morning.  That means:  cooler temps!  YAY - it's fall! And here is the evidence:



Went to lunch with some friends - oh, how I enjoy getting together with them!  All the way to pick them up I kept wishing I'd had my camera, the clouds were so stunning nestled in the canyons of the mountains.  On the way home I had to stop several times and snap some shots with my phone.  It would have been nice to manage the picture without the road, but I would have needed an additional foot in height and an additional foot in arm's length.  (I've become a big fan of the saying:  the best camera is the one you have with you - and most everyone has their phone these days.)

I so love this time of year, the heat of summer is gone and I look forward to the layers that disguise the extra fat cells around my middle that summer clothes don't quite manage.

And though I enjoyed our vacation tremendously, it feels good to get back to some sort of routine. Undoubtedly in another few days I'll be whining about the need for a vacation.  You just can't please some people....

No comments:

Post a Comment