Is It Really November?

I've never been fond of what we typically think of as fall colors:  rusts, oranges, browns.  The reasons aren't really anything I can quantify, it is just sort of a visceral negative reaction to those colors.  (I'm always a bit surprised that I can feel so strongly about colors - like or dislike, almost bordering on love and hate.)

I do, however love yellow in almost all its variations.

I managed to get back out on the trail this morning (probably the last for awhile considering how many books I have to read, better get busy on that) and loved my immersion in the fall colors.


This yard bordering the trail has a row of about 5 or 6 globe willows that are in the midst of their fall leaf shedding.  It was so pretty in the sunrise (my very favorite light of the day) with the grass still green underneath the blanket of yellow leaves.  (Still longing for a zoom on the phone camera.)

It was 72 degrees out today, bare hint of a breeze and I'm wondering if it is really November considering the weather.

I did finally succumb and turn on the furnaces, although they have hardly kicked on.  I managed to get pretty much to Halloween (my annual-first-time-for-turning-on-the-furnaces-goal) before futzing with the thermostat so I'm content.






No comments:

Post a Comment