Tuesday's Triumphs

Triumphed over my urges when I resisted stuffing my face with chocolate.  Haven't done it yet - although I wanted to.

Triumphed over my impulse to spend money.  I think they pump something into the air of the stores at this time of year (or is it always that way, just even more at Christmas time?) to make us part with our cash for stuff we don't need.

Triumphed over my natural laziness:  need to pick up a gift for a specific reason - resisted just grabbing something off the shelf in favor of waiting to find something more personal.

Triumphed over the checkbook register when I managed to get things in order there.

Triumphed over some of the trash when I managed to get several of the humungous bags of leaves into the bin that is already overfull.  (Weight limit=300 lbs.  I wouldn't be able to roll a can weighing 300 lbs. to the curb, would I?  I must be safe then.)

Triumphed over my urges to stuff my face with chocolate.  Oh, wait, I already said that?  Perhaps I haven't really triumphed there.  Heading in to find some chocolate......


No comments:

Post a Comment