Decorating

I spent the better part of today getting the Christmas tree up and putting out what few Christmas decorations I have.  I missed out on that "decorating" gene - I'm easily able to dispense with decorating for any and all holidays and don't mind not doing it at all.

I just don't want the bother.  Don't want to have to store stuff, take care of stuff (dust it) , dislike spending money on stuff.  I'm not really a big "stuff" person.  It isn't an attribute or fault, it just is.

But...I do love Christmas nativities.  I've been teased about having them out until June in the past.  Don't care, love them.  Love the reminder of where our hearts should be.

This little cutie has a regular place on our mantel.  It's so fun to have something "Christmas" that is blue!  Clever of them to have made Mary and Joseph in the exact center of the word.







The Precious Moments figurines have always been a favorite of mine.  This particular set was a Christmas present from The Husband probably 20+ years ago.  I still love it.






But this one is my all-time favorite Christmas nativity.  In fact, it never gets put away.  It sits on a shelf all year long.  I saw it in a catalog years and years ago.  It was pricey.  Dislike spending money.  But The Husband saw how much I loved it and got it for me.  It comes from Germany.  One of the few trips I've longed to take is to visit Germany where these are made.  I'd love to see the other incarnations.

I have other nativities - I used to try to collect one a year.  Eventually faced that fact that I really don't need all the tchotchkes (don't like to store them, don't like to take care of them (dusting), dislike spending money on them) so I called a halt to the acquiring of any more.

Still, I'm happy that I have the ones I do.  It's the only part of Christmas decorating that I enjoy.  And who knows, perhaps I'll leave them up until July this time.

1 comment:

  1. That's is my favorite part of coming to your house!!! I love all your decorations!

    ReplyDelete