Resolve

Not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions.  (Never been one to follow the crowd, it somehow seems like pressure to me.  Rather do things my way, in my time frame.  I guess that makes me somewhat of a rebel. Never really considered myself a rebel, but I guess I am.  Maybe a better term would be rebelette - a rebel in small ways.)

Anyway, I've been heading to the dictionary a bit lately to find the exact definitions of certain words that I might consider exploring.  One of them was resolution. This is what I found:

res·o·lu·tion

  [rez-uh-loo-shuh n]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organizationalegislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolutionjoint resolution.
2.
a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3.
the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4.
the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5.
the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.



With that in mind, I decided to make just one resolution this year:  To embarrass myself less.  That ought to keep me busy for quite awhile.

Ignoring the dust on the front of our little weather station, the outside temperature at 7 this morning was a balmy 3.7 degrees.  I was thus prompted to head to our treadmill inside.  I'd prefer to keep my ears and fingers - was afraid they'd freeze and snap off in spite of gloves.


No comments:

Post a Comment