Rethinking...

So, we stopped overnight to visit our kids/grandchilluns on the way to CA for The Husband to start his new job. We went out for a burger for lunch.  Heading back to their truck, I'm just walking along, lost in my thoughts.  Open the door of the truck, (sort of wondering in the back of my head why the rest of the group is walking on ahead) look into the truck...and then come to, to hear the grandson calling out, "no, Nana, no, no!!" Only to realize I nearly climbed into some strangers truck!!

Of course I nearly fell on the ground laughing in deep embarrassment while the rest of the crew enjoyed themselves immensely at my predicament.

I looked up to see the truck's owner heading over to climb into it,with this huge grin on his face, which got even bigger when I attempted to apologize. I think even he enjoyed my discomfort.

So, I'm re-thinking that New Years resolution: to try to embarrass myself less.  I really thought it meant something more along the lines of thinking before I speak, being more kind, more aware of others, etc. Instead it looks like I should have made a goal to embarrass myself more often since perhaps that might have been a resolve I could keep.

The bright spot of the day (beyond getting to see the family): stopping at this cute little bakery called The Flour Garden bakery and being treated to one of my very-favorite-luxury cookies. A fabulous coconut macaroon. Be sure to stop in if you're ever in Auburn CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment