Observation on a Wednesday

Perusing a magazine in a waiting room I came across another new diet.  (This was a fitness magazine.)  The 8 hour diet.  The premise:  basically a semi-low-carb diet, but with the twist that you can eat as much as you like as often as you like as long as you only eat during an 8 hour window each day.  Not quite sure I get this one.  (The requisite waiting room TV had Dr. Oz on touting the benefits of the HCG diet.  Made me want to come home and stuff my face with chocolate. Diet information overload.)

Heading out of a building, running a gauntlet of 7 or 8 guys standing / blocking the exit, I notice one of the guys wearing (and I'm dead serious here) what appears to be a soft-pleated skirt.  Black.  With socks and sneakers.  And some kind of head gear - like a ball cap.  Stifled the impulse to ask him where he got the skirt.  Wasn't sure what kind of reception I'd get if I did.   ( I really, really wish I could go back and do over that particular couple of minutes to be sure I saw what I thought I saw.  Really do.)

Had a chance to drive The Husband's Charger today.  Forgot how much more fun it is to be the pilot rather than the passenger.  Restrained the itch to take it for a spin on the open road - (even though it has a full tank of gas) and just cruise along.  I love that power.  Wish I wasn't so practical - I'd have a much more fun car to drive.  I think I need some more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment