Valentine's Day

The Husband and I haven't ever really done Valentine's Day.  We have a natural reluctance to buy into the marketing hype that demands obligatory (including monetary) expressions of care and concern.  (We have, rather, tried to make every day an expression of our deep abiding love and commitment to each other. And He's been rather successful at that!)

Paradoxically:  in the farthest, teeniest corner of my heart resides a wish / hope that surfaces every year -  that I would receive a valentine.  Silly, ridiculous, irrational and unimportant.  Yes, my head knows that.  Still....

Card, hearts and love:  perfect!
So I got up this morning (feeling crummy with a blossoming cold) to find this on my desk.  Not only a sweet, sincere, heartfelt card - but chocolate as well!  My wish came true! I received a valentine!

In addition, first thing this morning I received an email from our daughter thanking me for sending valentines to her chilluns (some of our grandchilluns).  And I received a smile from the grandson in response to the one I gave him.  So loved the transformation on his face. A Hug from The Husband for the valentine I gave him rounded out the morning.

Giver's Name Hidden :^)
The day has started out wonderfully in spite of my head's congestion.

This morning's gratitude: for someone opening up their heart to me, and not only accepting me, but welcoming me as well. Thanks, My Love, my life was bereft of joy before you.

Update:  I received another valentine and a hug!  Best Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment