Progress, VIP and stuff

I'm making progress with my cold.  My cough now sounds like a barking seal and my nose makes funny squeaking noises when blown.  All in all, I'm finding my way back to the living.  (I fear the cough will stick with me for the next year, but I'll cope, somehow.)

Most often in my life I've felt invisible, unimportant, of little value. Much less often do I feel a sense of worth.  But there are times....  Every single one of my grandchildren have learned to give the very-best-most-heartfelt-hugs there are.  I don't know where they learned this.  But I love it. And when they reach out, willingly, to dispense one of their (should be trademarked) hugs to me I feel - for a brief instant - the most very important person in the world.  I'm so glad Heavenly Father created hugs! (And granchilluns to give them!)

I've been invited to accompany the daughter when she plays a flute solo in church.  We sat together today to pick out something to play.  What fun to re-kindle my love for music, for playing the piano and to fill our home with those sweetest notes (at least they're mostly sweet, occasionally a sour one will creep in).

I haven't always been a fan of oranges.  Never really cared for the taste.  Several years ago I discovered this variety of oranges (Cara Cara) that I absolutely love!  I stock up on them whenever I find them for sale and we keep them in the garage where it is cool.  This is what happened this morning....an empty bag.  It's off to Costco this week to see if they still have some.  It's the perfect way to start my breakfast.

Today's gratitude:  for a lunch invitation!  What fun to share a meal, some conversation, a bit of laughter and hugs (some vitamins for the soul) with some of our favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment