Friday Fun

The Police Academy Graduate.
It's been a great day.  Was able this morning to attend the graduation of our son from the police academy.  He is now - officially - a police officer, after five months of training at the academy.  Now he'll be doing 14 weeks of field training, but it will be as a policeman.  He's wanted to do this since he was a small boy.  Good for you, son.

Checked flower legs: wonderful!
I got hugs all around from some of the grandchilluns.  (My very favorite gift from them, and they don't seem to mind dispensing them at all!)  Loved the 6 year old's tights, think I'll be on the lookout for some just like them in my (grandma) size.

So enjoyed the weather - it's currently 52 degrees.  I even had to break out my sunglasses.

Zupa's new location in our city is such an improvement.  The soup is still fantabulous, but now, in addition, access to the restaurant is easier, with better parking and the layout of the new restaurant more pleasant.

And in case there was any question:  yes, people with more years under their belts do eat dinner at 4 p.m.

And this afternoon's gratitude:  That it's Friday and The Husband is waiting to board the plane that will wing its way home, bringing his smile, hugs and security back to me.  The very best part of a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment