Monday Again

Last week at the graduation one of the speakers told the new police officers that soon their competence would catch up to their character.  I have been quite taken with that phrase.  It could be a life motto.  Have a high standard of character (be the absolute best with top priorities to integrity and Christlike actions) and allow your competence to catch up to that character.  To behave in such a way as to pass pretty much all of life's tests.  An interesting concept - but really nothing new. LDS Living 101.   I shall have to figure out a way to increase the level of my character - followed by the increase of my competency in all matters good.  Something to work on (in case I manage to run out of all the other "shoulds" in my life).

Decided this morning to change up my walking route.  Delightful to see something a bit different.  Loved this view of the mountains.  And in my opinion, most everything looks better at sunrise.

How many would it take for the car to take flight?
What a fun way to start the morning of your birthday (especially on a Monday morning):  to head out to your car to find it decorated thusly. (I so missed out on that creative gene!)  Wondered to myself how early they had to get up to go get helium filled balloons.

And today's gratitude:  for invitations to shop (I like that I no longer feel compelled to buy) and for the ready supply of hugs (The Husband's home!) that warm my very soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment