Fun Friday

Embroidered whole cloth quilt.
I woke up this morning in the mood to do something different.  So...I headed off to the HMQS (Home Machine Quilting Show) for a diversion. Sheer eye candy.  Perused hundreds of quilts.  Some lovely ones and some not-quite-so-lovely (beauty can be in the eye of the beholder).  I was glad I wore my comfy shoes.  There is big money in quilting these days.

Whole cloth quilts are my all-time favorite.

Arriving home I asked The Husband if it wasn't time for fall yet.  77 degrees out and I was tired.  Good thing there was a Jamba Juice between the quilt show and home.  (And a good thing I've got my sparkly toes on ready for sandals!)

I have two packages (one from each of the daughters) waiting for me to open on Sunday.  (I really do like surprises!) The Husband is providing me with some fantabulous brownies and for the first evening this entire week there's nothing going on tonight, we can stay at home and be chair-veggies in front of the dumbing box.  Or maybe I'll actually get to read a book.

Heaven scent.
And for the first time this week I'm actually in a decent mood.  Must have been all the lovely fabrics. Or maybe the Jamba Juice.  Or is it the endless supply of ready hugs from The Husband?  (He walked out to meet me on the last part of my morning walk.  A neighbor we only know by sight (she was out walking her barely dog - it's teeny) said we are really cute.)

I carried this little sprig of lilacs on my walk - inhaling their luscious fragrance every few steps.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment