Allergies

The annual spring/summer conflict has begun.

My Honey inhaling the honeysuckle.
The Husband loves to have the windows open.  And I admit I'm not averse to some fresh air.  So we leave the windows open at night trying to catch the breeze (or in the case of Draper: the gale winds).

I like the windows closed because of all the dust that comes in and the noise from the lawn mowers with their blowers and the construction noise from the jr. high through the block and the kids on their motorized scooters with their annoying buzz.  (Yep, I admit it, I'm old.  I enjoy the quiet.  It's peaceful.)

Closed windows = air conditioning. (Those computers and moniters - yes multiples - put out a lot of heat which is nice in the winter, not so comfy in the heat.)

So it's a tussle.  Closed or open windows? Air conditioning on or not?  Spending money(which I sincerely despise) on air conditioning or wiping up layer upon layer of grit from every possible surface?

Finding a happy middle ground isn't easy.  And it varies - depending on mood, stress and activity level, outside temps, cloudy days or sunny.  Mostly we seem to come to some sort of entente, or tolerance of each other's comfort levels.

The worst part of the equation is my seasonal allergy issue.  Took a vase outside today to fill with roses, wasn't out more than a few minutes.  Came in totally sniffing, sneezing, itching eyes.  And I even caved and took an antihistamine this morning.

Bottom line:  with all the beauty of the season and the loveliness of the gorgeous living things Heavenly Father graced our planet with, it seems to always be a season of misery for me.  Thou shalt not whine should be my motto.

Today's gratitude:  for Claritin D, and for thoughtful people who gift unnecessary but desired items for enriching another's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment