Lonesome

We were up before the birdies this morning since The Husband had a flight to catch.  By the time he'd made it to the office it seemed like a Monday.  I said difficulties/trials/problems/issues come in threes.  He should be good to go for the rest of the day.

Been looking for quite some time for something to go with something (clear as mud?) that I want to give some friends for Christmas.  Finally think I've found a solution.  When my order arrives and I dive into the preparation we'll see if it is as brilliant as I suspect it is.

Aren't these peonies stunning?
Stopped in at a local fabric store in search of - yep- some fabric.  Something very specific.  Pretty sure what I got will work.  The fabulous side benefit was drinking in the sight of these fabulous peonies.  (Mine are single peonies and lovely, but are now dropping their petals.)  Someday I hope to have a bush or two of these lovely double full-headed blooms. (My phone takes pretty decent pictures, doesn't it?  Of course, the operator could use some tips...)

Mmmm, chocolate.
And (lunch/dinner)"lunner"?  Why, Corner Bakery of course.  (If The Husband is out of town it must be Corner Bakery time.) I tried a different sammich today and loved it.  Had a coupon for a free bundtlette that I didn't even pretend to resist.  That will be dinner/snack.

My insecurities have diminished with the borrowing of 5 books from the library.  I'm feeling much better, thanks.

And today's best news:  Our electricity bill arrived in the mail.  A whopping $12.95.  Truly:  $12.95.  Yippee!  That's the kind of bill I can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment