Midweek Musings

• Three minutes into my bike ride this morning, heading down the trail, I have my eyes on a woman ahead of me.  Suddenly she's stopped - a frozen silhouette.  What on earth?  (Mental shrug, people are always doing strange things on the trail.)  Arriving at her side I quickly stop my bike - not 15 feet in front of us is a lovely deer meandering across the trail.

Down the hill, onto the railroad tracks and off she bounds.  Boing...Boing...Boing.  What a lovely sight to see first thing this morning.

My neighbor's pretty lilies.
• Watched two robins harass, chase and harangue a magpie - a bird multiples of times larger.  Wondered what the magpie did to cause such ire.  And decided I know just what the magpie feels like. Thankfully not for awhile, though.

• Returning home on my bike, got yelled at by the flagman at the construction site.  (Which site you say?  Take your pick, they're everywhere!) Still wonder what would have happened had I just ignored him - would he have me arrested? Could be interesting.  Might even test those waters tomorrow depending on how rebellious I feel.

• Went to lunch with a friend (Rumbi has great tortilla soup, even on a 90 degree day). Poor thing:  I haven't had The Husband around to chat with.  She got all those saved up words.  All at once.  Still, she said let's do this again, so it must not have been too awful.

• Received a thank you note from the wedding shower a couple weeks ago.  Now that girl has learned some manners.  And such a sweet note, very personal.  I'm thinking she's going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment