Thursday's Observations

A rare private moment on the trail.
Decided to walk the trail north this morning, and return some books at the library.  Yesterday I saw a red-winged blackbird.  Today I mostly saw smaller birds that were singing their little hearts out.

Egg or chicken first?
Morning Swim
The north end of the trail is fairly busy with runners/joggers/bikers/dogs.  I'm aging knees don't care for running/jogging.  Not fond of dogs and it was too windy today for biking.  Not many people just walking along like me.

This little mallard waited patiently for me to get his picture before paddling along the creek.

In the 1940's Draper was known as the "egg basket" of America.  There are several versions of these cute bronzes scattered around our library.  I'm quite taken with them.

Learning to flush again.
I continue to find amusement in public restrooms.  This was in the stall at the Herriman library.  My first time in this particular branch of our county library system.  Still prefer our own little Draper branch.  Don't remember seeing this particular set of instructions before.  And yes, I followed the appropriate sequence.

Today's gratitude:  that The Husband provides enough for us that I don't have to work outside the home.  (We lead a fairly low-key pretty simple way of life. We are content.)  A real luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment