Another One Bites The Dust.... (Glass that is)

The funeral today was so very nice.  A wonderful tribute to a much-loved man and how privileged I felt to be there.  (The music went ok.  I made several mistakes, but fortunately I have lots of experience with mistakes and I just go on and pretend like I didn't make them.  Hoping that the listeners will be a bit uncertain about whether or not they really heard what they thought they heard.  "Naw - couldn't have."  Sometimes that works.)

I thought a lot about my friend this morning.  How do you face the day when you bury your loved one?  Several of my dearest friends have had this experience and it tears at my heart.

The best antidote for my stress/nervousness induced headache was a quiet meal.  And a gelato treat-for-dessert.  (Now I just have to get through Sacrament Meeting tomorrow and I'll be ok for a bit. The organ and I have a relationship of mutual loathing. Even after a lifetime of playing it, I'm still w-a-y out of my comfort zone when playing the organ.  But I'm happy to help out.)

Remnants of my broken glass. 
And just this morning was talking to a couple about being a KLUTZ.  Been that way my whole life.  Isn't likely to change at this point.  Dropped a 16 oz. glass on the floor.  Even the rug couldn't save its life.  (I needed to vacuum in there anyway.)  Managed to clean it all up without any cuts.  I feel like such an idiot.  Happens all the time sez The Husband.  Not to him.  Starting to wonder if my antipathy towards the organ extends to all things glass as well.  I surely seem to have difficulty there.

Tonight's gratitude:  for flowers in abundance that manifest in just a small way the love we share for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment