A Couple Of Strike-Outs

I came home from my abbreviated walk on the trail with my spirits lifted because I was able to get back out.  I've missed it these last 4 days, and it felt good to walk.

Presented the raggy baby blanket I made for the gal I visit teach.  Her baby is due in 17 days. I think she liked it.  It was such fun to do.

Got frustrated trying to get in and out of the neighborhood with all the construction.  That same flag-man who yelled at me is not the best at his real job:  directing traffic.  His hand directions are unclear and he's even bossy with his hands.  We will all be so grateful when the construction is all finished.  (Probably just in time for them to start the next construction project.  We know how it works.)

Crow
Set out to do a couple errands.  Drove 11 miles to get a specific gift only to find they are out.  And I need to wait.  Sigh.

Next item on my list:  they were also out.  Sigh.  (Although I remembered that Target across the street carries it; on the off chance, I drove over and Yippee! made my purchase.)

Next item:  went to three places.  Ended up going back to place #1 and got what I needed.  Isn't quite what I wanted, but it will do.  Sigh.

Treated myself to lunch at Olive Garden.  Soup and Salad.  Yum!  UN-Sigh.

And then decided that it might be best to spend the rest of the day at home.  Won't need to sigh so much that way.

One of the yards backing the trail is overflowing with plants and birdhouses and signs and scarecrows and trellis and all manner of yard decoration.  This morning revealed a new character.  I think it is supposed to be a crow.  Not very scary.  But a welcome-crow.  Cute.

Today's gratitude:  That The Husband is very conscious of the amount of air in my bike tires.  Watched a young lady pedaling along.  She was working quite a bit harder than she needed to because her tires were only about half inflated.  Thanks, My Love, I so appreciate your attention to my every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment