It's Friday, It's Friday...

Friday is such a fun way to end the work week.  I'll just go stream of consciousness here:

Cheeky Dandelion
• The Husband works hard to keep the weeds out of the yard.  Teensy though it is, I thought it was mighty cheeky of this dandelion (the single one I found in the yard) to bloom at the edge of our lawn.  (The fun yellow, however, somewhat redeems the noxiousness of the weed.)

• Remarked that I ought to listen a bit more carefully before sticking my nose in the roses to smell.  That buzzing noise wasn't just my ears.  More like a bee...)

• Continue to find humor in the quirks and foibles of my CDO (that's OCD in alphabetical order - yes an inside joke) even though I try so hard to mellow out. Pretty sure my CDO is a gentler version of the dictionary-defined kind.
Blister-Free!!

• And that aging thing.  Dislike certain parts of it.  Like other parts better.  Getting more comfortable in my own skin and less like I need to care what others think.  I'm old after all.  At least that's my excuse - for everything:  socks with sandals, old-lady hair, loss of memory, frumpy body...whatever.

• Sprang for a new pair of walking shoes.  Decided to give a (fairly new) local company a chance.  They're quite homely, but boy are they comfy.  Even a historically problematic callous on one of my toes has disappeared.  Good walking even at a brisk pace. (Definition of brisk:  subjective.)

• Still learning.  Every day.  About acceptance, love, tolerance, kindness, thoughtfulness.  Seemingly no end to the things I still have to conquer in this world.

• Finally found the anniversary card I bought for The Husband for 19 July.  That age (memory) thing again. Happy Anniversary My Love.

Today's gratitude:  for a working washer and dryer that adds so much convenience to my life.  Yep, today's laundry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment