Righteous Life

Headed out the door this morning and beheld this beautiful rainbow - in a spot in the sky where I've not seen a rainbow before.  (I so love rainbows!)  Reminded me of the religious symbolism of the rainbow.
The rainbow faded as I watched...

Which turned my thoughts to church, to the Savior.  Which reminded me of the song we sang a couple weeks ago - the words have been stuck in my head.

"As now we praise Thy name with song, the blessings of this day
Good words.
Will linger in our thankful hearts, and silently we pray
For courage to accept Thy will, to listen and obey.
We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full.  We'll walk Thy chosen way."

Which reminded me of this little sign I saw in a catalog.

Which makes me think of the right way to live, how often I fall short.  How much I want for everything (and usually everyone) to be perfect.  Not really going to happen in this lifetime.  But I hope I can remember - and more often than I forget - to treat others well. We hurt each other, exclude another and are thoughtless.  This is one way I don't want to follow the crowd.  Am I spitting in the wind hoping to do better?

Had a lovely weekend.  Spent early morning Saturday morning giving my car a much-needed-long-overdue wash followed by a wax.  It was fun to be working together with The Husband.  Had a very low-key rest of the weekend.  Even managed a little stroll last night just before the rain.  Couldn't have been a more welcome way to spend a couple days.  Made it a little easier to anticipate the week:  a couple lunches out, a couple errands, a new baby for a lady I visit teach and maybe even a little bit of fun sprinkled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment