Wednesday Post of Scattered Thoughts Without Any Theme

I can't decide if the last couple days have been just a bit weird or if things are normal and I've forgotten what normal is like.  Here's a non-comprehensive list of things I noticed.

Welcoming the day...
• Got up yesterday morning to the most awesome sky.  I continue to feel reverence for the beauty of the world that was created for our inhabiting.  My phone camera could never do justice to the color of the clouds that faded as I watched.

• Enjoyed seeing the creatures that I've seen the last couple days.  Yesterday I got a kick out of watching the woman feed her horses.  Breakfast anxiousness made them block her entrance into the pen, causing her to shoo them off but barely far enough for her to get the wheelbarrow through the gate.  My unskilled descriptions can't do justice to the scenario that caused me to chuckle at its cuteness.

• Would have managed a picture of the deer I saw this morning if not for the lady coming along behind me scraping and shuffling her feet so noisily that the deer bounded off to safety.  It was only about 12 or 15 feet from me, standing still as a statue - on high alert looking straight into my eyes.  Cool.

• Blooming finally ended (mild sob), stem snipped and the time was right - so off I went for help with re-potting of the orchid from the broken pot to a new one.  Wrong to feel pride, I know, but I didn't mind at all when the lady there complimented me on the healthiness of my orchid.  "Whatever you're doing, keep it up, it's a healthy, happy plant" she said.  (It's hard not to preen at that.)

• Watched at least 6 people rush to help a couple women push their broken down car from the middle of an intersection today.  So many people pushing that a couple had to run in front to stop the car as it came to the side of the road.  It's always heartwarming to see people spontaneously help this way.

• Was standing in the aisle at Wal-Mart absorbed in my decisions when I was assaulted with a balled-up foil gum wrapper.  Hadn't noticed any noise from either of the adjoining aisles, was alone on my aisle. Yes, I do believe that was weird.

5 year old's first lost tooth.
• Had a dove fly into the garage yesterday.  First time for that.

• Enjoyed lunch out.  One-on-one time is good.  Got to see the space from the first lost tooth.

• Just heard the sister we visit teach finally had her little baby girl.  (And I'm so excited to already know what to take them for dinner - a rarity for me.)

• So enjoyed this little passage that I read from a book about living our covenants every day:  "Rather than suggesting a long list of more things we should be doing each day, we can do what we are already doing with greater intent...  Striving to become more awake and alive in the process of our daily life rather than merely passing time brings joy, purpose, and ultimately helps to build the kingdom of God." No, nothing really new here, just liked the way it was phrased.

• Giving a couple friends birthday gifts tomorrow and hoping they'll sense the love behind the physical gift.

• Am loving how nice the car looks since its makeover.  Thanks, My Love, for the wash and wax.

Today's gratitude: for hope.  In the future, in my family, in my goals and dreams.  In all aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment