Today Was

A (rare) fairly stress-free day. One of those mostly-stay-at-home days when it is lovely to putter around, fold the laundry, iron, catch up on some reading.  They don't often happen and when they do I treasure them.  (Too many of them in a row and I get restless...I guess there's just no pleasing some people.)
Pretty.

Was invited to lunch.  The Husband and I had a delightful time chatting and enjoying our frozen custard.  Butterfinger mix-ins was an unusual treat for me.  YUM!

Most of my orchids are done blooming.  The spent blossoms are dropping nearly faster than I can pick them up.  This one, however, decided to grace us with its beauty.  Nothing quite like fresh flowers in our home.

And my favorite memory from yesterday: having a special 7 year old slip her hand in mine and hold it as we walked along.  Can't even begin to describe what that does for my heart.

Today's gratitude:  for peace and contentment in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment