Only 9:45 a.m. and...

My head is already full of thoughts.

From my early-morning walk:

1. iPod was out of juice.  Thus I was able to clearly hear the theme song from Rocky coming from somewhere above me.  An old tree at some long ago point had a platform built in its branches.  A couple of younger teens had slept there last night.  The song was their alarm to wake and face the day. I bet they had fun!

2. Noticed a lady walking along reading.  Made me smile - and wish I'd brought along a book of my own.

Aahh,  shade...
Been thinking a lot lately about service.  I think people are generally service oriented.  It does us good to help another.  Recently have been hearing people talk about how they bless another's life with their service and how they love blessing others this way.  This makes me uneasy and uncomfortable.  Service is fabulous. Helping another equally so.  The attitude that we serve to bless another's life is subtly but distinctly different.  It somehow conveys a tendency toward arrogance or elevation of one's status above another.  Not so good, in my opinion.  True service - to help another -  fulfills our Heavenly Father's purposes.  It is unselfish, charitable and altruistic - the good kind of service.

And this was my car yesterday afternoon and will be again today as I head out for lunch and some errands.  I seek whatever small spot of shade I can find in this 100+ degree weather.  It helps.

Today's gratitude:  for the shade of trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment