Weekend

So, yesterday when The Husband spoke at the funeral he did wonderful.  He's always so poised and articulate.  We laughed and remembered and loved the remembering.  Funerals are so definitely for the living.

I felt important.  Yep, I actually did.  The little girl around the corner turned 2 today.  They often sit behind us in Sacrament meeting.  After the block meetings I was chatting with her Mom and the little one came up to me - lifted up her arms in that sweet "please-pick-me-up" gesture so cute on the little ones.  The reason for my reaction:  she often has a scowl on her face.  If she doesn't know you pretty well, she just doesn't want to talk and her face conveys the message with clarity.  (In fact,  I don't actually remember ever seeing her request to be picked up like that before.)  YAY for me!

Am still grumpy about my step counter.  Tried to download my steps on Friday from two days.  Had lots of steps to record on the Virgin HealthMiles website.  Error!!  Some malfunction showed I hadn't stepped even one step on the first day and only a few on the second.  Grrrr.

Coconut macaroons still a favorite.  Eons ago when The Husband was commuting to CA on a weekly basis he'd often bring me one of those delectable cookies from a shop at the airport.  Had a giftcard to a local eatery that needed to be used.  My treat was a chocolate covered macaroon.  Heaven on my tastebuds.

Today's gratitude:  for young souls with accepting hearts that don't care that someone is fat/homely/old/poor/un-cool/friendless and welcome us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment