A Puzzlement

Up early this morning for a bike ride with a friend.  Thoroughly enjoyed our ride and her company.  I often mention how uncomfortable I am in social situations - but one-on-one I can handle and even derive some benefit.

They'll have a bountiful harvest.
Saw this garden.  It must be larger than our entire back yard.  Not only was it beautiful to see, but had such an air of peace and plenty.  So loved soaking it in.

Now, I don't often go to doctors.  I try to be healthy and avoid them.  Visited a dermatologist this afternoon for a spot on my hand.  (She says I'll live, most likely nothing to be concerned about.)  It's really hard to take seriously the (not quite natural) blonde wearing gray (yep, read it right: gray) lipstick.  (Not to mention the faux-perky attitude. Meh...)

What's still rattling around in my brain was the office policy/disclosure statement I had to sign. Wherein it states (hidden carefully in the middle of the long small-print document) that patient must not abuse or threaten office staff in any manner.  Seriously.  I'm just nonplussed.  It's a puzzlement that they find this necessary.

And immediately upon receiving my signature I was subjected to the sales pitch.  Complete with brochure showing pictures of all the doctors there at the facility, their specialties, the office hours and all the benefits of using that particular medical center as my go-to-one-and-only-place-of-all-things-to-keep-me-healthy. Including some subtle pressure to sign-up.  The result: a strengthening of my determination to avoid such places.  Probably not the desired conclusion.

Ended up speaking with the Stake President tonight for just a minute.  Somehow I felt guilty for taking up his time when he has so very many things to do.  And he was perky.  But somehow sincerely so: apparently happy without pretense and loving his association with fellow church members.  Totally different atmosphere. (Genuine.)  Totally different natural response from me.  Liked it.

Tonight's gratitude: For those who take the time to spend some time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment