Long Week

I've tried to keep myself super busy this week - I'm pretty lonesome for The Husband.  Busy-ness helps. But then I end up tired of being gone all day every day and need some down-time.  Tomorrow will mostly be a down-time day.  I'll spend it here at home:  laundrying, tidying, vacuuming, preparing...for the return of My Love. (And next week will be back to cooking.)

Hollyhock blossom
Intended to walk the south end of the trail - combining my drive out there with my need to put gas in the car.  Decided to gas up first.  Good thing - it started raining on me.  Otherwise I'd have been walking in the rain, hustling back to the car and grousing about missing out on my exercise altogether.

Took this shot of our still blooming hollyhocks through the screen.  They're about 8 feet tall and so lovely.

Spent some time in the temple on behalf of my mother-in-law. It was one of those delighted-to-be-where-I-was occasions.  Even witnessed a small act of service that touched my heart.  There's just something about the act of kneeling in front of another to help with their shoes that exudes kindness, thoughtfulness.

Today's gratitude:  for my indoor treadmill for when it rains/snows/ices.  I feel so pampered to have such a luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment