Surprising Saturday

Surprising in that we seem to have found some sort of balance in our Get-Ready-For-Sunday day.  And  I am enjoying that sensation, I like the absence of pressure to accomplish myriads of things.

Started out the day working in the yard.  The Husband battling the snails/ants/spiders.  And also the weeds.  I set about trying to bring some sense of freshness to the rose bushes - snipping off the spent blooms and pulling some weeds around them.

Lovely in the shade.
The Husband then decided to take a break and I joined him a minute later.  Neither of us could remember the last time we relaxed on the grass this way.  Enjoyed a quiet chat.

Went to a movie:  The Unfinished Song.  Only probably 20 people or so in the audience.  And I'm fairly certain every single one was over 55.  And rightly so.  I don't think it would mean much to a younger crowd.  Lots of sniffles and tears.  A few laughs.  The Husband said it pushed all the right buttons.  I enjoyed it.  Reminds me to not wait until too late for enjoyment; or making peace with another.  And to love the music created for our benefit.

At the grocery, listened to another customer regale me (unsolicited) with her hummingbird encounter.  And rued the reinforcement The Husband received (from a lady sitting in her car) at his K.I.T.T. car antics.  (He doesn't seem to mind that it dates him.) And encouragement is not helpful.  :^)

Today's gratitude:  for laughter and the recognition of how much a smile can (beautifully) transform someone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment