Monday's "Highlights"

And when I say "highlights"  I say it with tongue firmly anchored in cheek.  (It's been one of those days.)

• Slopped buttery lunch on my front.  Yep, must've been eating like a pig.

• Bought the wrong thing at the grocery.  Embarrassing to have to take it back for exchange.
Yes, they smell heavenly!

• Standing at the grocery checkout had the power go out not once but twice.

• Got my freshly washed/waxed car dirt-rained all over.

• Tried the drive-through (I generally avoid drive-throughs like the plague) at the DMV.  Big mistake.  Waited 15 minutes after sending my registration through the pneumatic tube for her to even open the tube (for retrieval of my stuff) on her side.  The guy over on lane 3 must've not read the rule:  no issues allowed in the drive-through.

• Was thwarted in my effort to drive down my street by the 3 female bike-riders strung out the entire width.  Single-file riding on streets?  Must be something new they haven't yet heard about.

Now for some real highlights:

• Fresh picked tomatoes from the farm-stand alongside the road.

• A fresh supply of books from the library.

• A free book for completing the summer reading program.

• A sympathetic hug from The Husband as he tried to counteract my frustration-fueled-micro-melt-down.

• The picture-text I received from our friend displaying the new baby cuddled up in the blanket I made for her.  Awww, too sweet.

Today's gratitude:  that it's almost Tuesday!

10:30 p.m. UPDATE:  discovered a flat tire on my bike - the perfect ending to a fabulous day....

No comments:

Post a Comment