Wednesday Afternoon


A favorite kind of cookie.
And I feel like a nap.  Must've been those chocolate cookies I had for lunch.  Probably shouldn't have had chocolate cookies.  But chocolate cookies I had...and I enjoyed them.

Managed a bike ride this morning.  12.5 miles.  Was glad that I was paying attention though.  Some dude also enjoying his morning bike ride was immersed in his watching of the lady shoveling horse droppings into the garbage, thus he strayed from his side of the trail - heading directly at me.  He must have heard my internal squeal of alarm.  At the very last second we were both saved from catastrophe. Whew!...!

Anxiety kind of rules me today.  We are having some visitors.  I want them to feel welcome in our home.  I've tidied and actually dusted a few things.  Have some menu plans in case there are several meals we need to provide.  Generally we have family for company.  I figure they already all know me - warts (flaws - which are many) and all.  They pretty well are stuck with me.  These visitors:  not so much.  My prayers have been for an extra helping of kindness guiding my actions.  And then it hit me...I should be extending an extra helping of kindness at all times, in all places, with all people.  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment