A Mid - Week Monologue

$20.25!  YAY!
I managed to take a shortened version of my walk this morning and still make it to the appliance repair shop by 8:30 this morning (did shower / did not have time to do my hair.  Why couldn't I have had a good hair life?) to pick up the part for the washing machine.  Now the part is here and he can fix it whenever he has a minute.

Run - don't walk - for a taste of heaven!
I had visions of it costing us hundreds of dollars to repair the washer.  And it well might have.  Luckily I married just the most handy guy.  Together we looked at it last night, found the problem, and with the help of Google (our "interweb" friend) discovered the name of the part we needed.  Bottom line cost:  $20.25.  (Plus another $5.95 for the Kouign Amann as a sort of reward/thank you for his hard work; a"must have" treat for everyone at least once in this life!)

Lunched with a couple dear friends who insisted on celebrating my birthday.  I'm so very uncomfortable being the center of attention this way.  But they are always so kind and thoughtful.  I received some lovely gifts from them.  The best one is their continued friendship - long may it last.
Love the purple asters.

Wandered outside and discovered that the asters are blooming.  I so love these little purple flowers. (Purple is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors!)

The Husband and I have remarked several times how much we missed attending church on Sunday.  It has kind of thrown us off our stride a bit.  I am grateful for the re-realization how much attending Sacrament meeting and renewing my covenants impacts my week - keeps me grounded.  I need that.

Tonight's gratitude:  for the abundance of clothing we have that we can go for quite a while without absolutely needing my washing machine.  For a husband who can easily fix stuff like this.  For enough - of so much.  I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment