Holding My Breath

Man the Lifeboats!!! Leaks abound.
Whilst transferring clothes from the washing machine to the drying machine, began to wonder why my feet were wet.

Yup:  a leak.  Not the drain hose.  Not the supply hoses.  A leak.  From the bottom.  (I just see dollars floating away into the netherworld never to return....)  And no, don't plan to replace the washer - only repair.  I'm not spending money on a new machine.

Off to a better home.
I'm holding my breath because I don't want this to be just the first of the proverbial "things that go wrong happen in threes".  I'd really love it if this was just some strange happenstance all on its own. Pretty please?

Completed one of my week's goals:  to clean out my shoes.  This large shoe-filled bag is on its way to D. I.  There's quite a bit of wear left in most of these shoes.  I hope there's some sweet soul out there who can put them to good use.  Good-bye my shoes, parting is such sweet sorrow....

Thoroughly enjoyed my sunrise 14.6 mile bike ride.  The trail was sparsely travelled and I was barked at by not a single dog.  And I only saw one dog off its leash.  Some sort of red letter day.

Received our power bill for August.  $105.  That was the only good bit of news today, but it was enough to send us off to Astroburger for a celebratory lunch.  We need all the good news we can get.

Today's gratitude:  For enough good news to keep our spirits from the doldrums.  (The dark cloud of the shooting death of the son of neighbors continues to hover over the area.)

I place no hope in my strength, nor in my works: but all my confidence is in God my protector, who never abandons those who have put all their hope and thought in him.
Francois Rabelais 

No comments:

Post a Comment