F.A.L.L.

Before...pine needles literally inches deep.
F - Finally the hot weather is gone.  Loving the cooler temperatures - even the need for sweaters.

A - Abundance of pine needles and leaves.  What were we thinking - planting all those trees.  Oh, yeah, we wanted shade and privacy in our yard.  Thus we see a prime example of unintended consequences.

L - Limbs that are sore from unusual use:  raking aforesaid needles and leaves.

L - Light streaming between the clouds that moments earlier were dripping raindrops.

After  - same area, spent only 5 minutes raking.
I suppose I could have gone with A.U.T.U.M.N.  Whatever.  Either way, it is an enchanting season.  I love the colors, the variations of light, the crispness to the air, the sense of settling in for a spell - the slower rhythm.

We're hoping to get away for a bit of a get-away.  Still looking for that perfect way to do it: want somewhere fun and relaxing with good weather and food.  But - I don't want to spend any money.  And I don't want it to take too long.  (I'm totally enamored of the comforts of my own home.) I'm thinking my chances of finding perfection within those parameters are paltry.

P.S.  Yay for National Oatmeal Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment