Mid-Week Musings

Pretty clouds from yesterday's morning walk.
Missed walking (by choice) this morning.  It sort of throws my whole day off-kilter.  Missed the beauty of the dawn, like the one I saw yesterday.

Am I too old for eye-makeup?
I've never been much into expensive (defined as one that isn't sold at the drugstore) cosmetics - it's that aversion to shopping/spending money thing I've always had.  Received a gift card to Ulta so yesterday I went for some retail therapy (which for me isn't therapy but more like torment).  What a luxury to be treated to some fun eye shadows.  I'd never spend that kind of $$ on my own, but gift cards legitimize the extravagance.  Then I started to wonder:  am I getting to old for this?  Should I just accept that I'm old/wrinkled and go au naturel?  Nah, not just yet.  I'm going to enjoy this new shadow.  (Was ridiculed one time for buying Urban Decay - "who would ever buy anything with that kind of a name?" Actually, it's like my favorite brand!)
Doesn't look green to me!

The Husband has been super frustrated lately - missing the "green handled" scissors that were in the kitchen drawer.  I'm privately thinking he's lost it; we've never had green handled scissors.  The two of us had a totally therapeutic giggle when the scissors were discovered on my desk.  I had them all along. (Who would have thought those were green? They look dark turquoise to me!)

Been loving the cooler outdoor temps; I'm much more fond of the oh-so-disguising winter (layered with sweaters and such) clothing.  Does that mean I should acquire some new sweaters?  But am dreading the succession of winter holidays - halloween (even dislike the colors for this one), Thanksgiving and Christmas. Too much stress.

Been thinking lately that it seems like lots of people are stressed.  It seems like tempers are more on display, rules/laws are ignored, selfishness is running rampant.  Wonder at the cause and by extension the solution.  I can't fix the world's problems on my own, and perhaps my solutions wouldn't be acceptable to everyone.  But I can work harder at having a better attitude, and try to spread light and joy to those in my own small sphere of association.  Yeah, I can.  I will.

Today's gratitude:  for having a Best Friend that makes me giggle, provides free refills on hugs, and makes me feel treasured.  That would be my wish for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment