Thanks-giving

Along with myriads of other people, I've been taking stock today of the many things I am grateful for.  It would be so easy to just make a list.  And I often do just that.

I try, though, to have gratitude in my heart each and every day.  And I mentally try to pick something different to focus on.  If my heart is full of gratitude, there is still room in my heart for other good things and perhaps less room for the things that aren't quite such sought-after attributes.  And I'm fully cognizant I am a work in progress.

Tonight, I am grateful for a good day.  A day mostly free from stress, but punctuated with good food, some sunshine, some conversation, a few games, a bit of laughter and an enhanced awareness of all the good in our lives.  A day of reminders how precious life is, how blessed we are by our Heavenly Father and how beautiful the entire plan created for our joy and salvation.

A couple favorite guys enjoying some sunshine.
I am anxious to continue finding gratitude in each day, in new ways.

1 comment: