Yay! for Monday!

Ok, so I'm trying out a little positive thinking there.  We'll see how it works. Monday, after all, can be a troublesome day.

• The funeral for our friend on Saturday was lovely.  The Husband did wonderfully when he spoke, as was expected.  He does have a talent.  I think the family was pleased.  And most generally, I think everyone was pleased that it was only 75 minutes long.

• Even though it is one of my favorite songs, every time I hear/sing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" I come undone.  I simply fall apart.  Too many memories/thoughts of separations that just tear at my heart.  Silly me.

• We drove by the cemetery later that afternoon.  Even the gravesite was tidy and lovely with the casket arrangement proudly gracing the smooth dirt surface.  Those cemetery employees know how to do it right.  I said my private, quiet goodbye to Joan.  I will miss her.

• I've managed to acquire a few little goodies for Christmas.  The season has begun whether I'm ready or not.  My prayers have been that I will also acquire the appropriate Christmas spirit that is thus far lacking.

• Dropped in to Costco the other evening.  Intent on some more of that almond bark The Husband loves so much.  Came away without the bark but with another treat:  A BlendTec ("will it blend?") blender.  An indulgence to be sure.  But...I have been loving the eggnog smoothies we've made.

YUM!
• The Husband brought in the tree and got it all set up for me whilst I was away this morning.  Laughter accompanied my return as I spied the tree with lights glowing on the top and the bottom layers with a broad swath of dark lights in the middle.  After some active detecting, we managed to get the strings all plugged in.  The tree is now sparkling merrily.  (And the afternoon's activity is clear to see: I'll be getting the tree decorated and the Christmas "up".)

• Was gifted some of these peppermint peanuts.  A novelty for sure.  I am nuts about the regular orange Circus peanuts.  These are a very close second in favorite.  (Clearly since the bag is nearly gone already.)

• People are certainly interesting.

• The first of the (for me) stressful days of the holiday season is past.  If I can keep my cool with all that's coming I will consider it successful.  Expectations are always so high.  Reality often conflicts.  Hopefully I can keep my perspective - focus on the most important part of the season.

Today's gratitude:  for enough, and more.  Such abundance is never expected, but always gratefully enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment