Friday's Thoughts

Those white lines: dryness
Every year I say the same thing:  I'm not going to Costco after the 1st of December.  Didn't listen to myself.  Made a quick run to Costco.  Was concerned when I rounded the corner and saw not a single parking spot in the entire lot.  Had to park out by the gas pumps - it only felt like a couple miles away. I'm thinking there isn't a single thing I need from Costco before January 2014.

(And on that note:  what's up with the price of beef?  Did I miss the memo that said the cost was going to skyrocket?  Probably won't be eating much red meat for awhile....)

The temperature is about 19 right now.  Winds at 16 mph.  Makes it feel like 5 degrees.  The cold and the wind just suck moisture from every single part of me.  And silly me, forgot my gloves. My nightly ritual includes the diligent application of lotion to try to mitigate the moisture loss.

Ran into some friends of ours.  The wife is from Korea.  She just returned from her annual visit to her homeland.  On her arrival there she discovered her 89 year old mother (she'll turn 90 in Feb.) was getting baptized  Our friend was there to see it happen.  Gives me goosebumps to hear such wonderful news.  Happifying.

This is only one of our switch banks.
Still thinking about a somewhat kindred thinker from last week's visit to Olive Garden.  After I declined the offer of more soup, I mentioned that I was....and she filled in,"content.  Content is a good place to be."  I so loved hearing my own sentiments easily and naturally expressed by someone else.  I think I shall always believe that content is a good way to be.

Received a questioning look from The Husband last night as I was standing in the hallway flipping switches and laughing (pretty heartily) at myself.  We've lived in this house for 12 1/2 years and I still mix up the switches.  Can't for the life of me remember which one goes where.

So love this quote.  Our Heavenly Father's great love includes seemingly endless miracles for all who live in this miraculous world.

“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.”― Willa Cather

Today's gratitude:  for laughter.  (And also for miracles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment