Recovery

I am recovering.  Not quite as quick as I'd like.  But progress is being made.  The Husband told someone I was "anxiously resting" which pretty accurately describes it.

If I had to be sick, today was a pretty good day to do it.  Power outages across the valley, 2 of 3 runways at the airport closed, snow falling and falling and falling.

The Husband spent over an hour this morning digging out the huge glacial moraine at the driveway entry across the street.  The snowplow comes barreling around the corner and deposits all the slush and snow that then freezes right in his driveway.  Which thaws, then freezes and repeats until it takes nearly a jackhammer's efforts to clear.

Thus, all the hard work and effort of this morning was undone in a matter of seconds by thoughtless, careless snowplow drivers.  (Who, by the way, came barreling through this morning when the streets were dry.  Seriously.)  Irked now, The Husband is out documenting the disaster with his camera afterwhich I imagine he'll send a scathing letter to the (deserving) city.  Yes, spitting in the wind it is. Still needs to be done.

I've spent the day lolling about in my jammies and robe, under blankets, soothing my throat with smoothies,  snoring through naps, and just generally pampering myself.  And already I'm restless.  Anxious to be "back at it". Tired of being indoors.  Even stepped out on the porch just to inhale some fresh cool air.  Good for me - mind and body.

Tonight's gratitude:  for the good health I (don't think I've ever and want to keep it that way) never want to take for granted.  For the magic of antibiotics.  For something good to read.  For someone who (as I read this morning) is my clown ninja (the one who makes me laugh and keeps me safe).  Thanks, My Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment