Keeping Busy

Trying to fill the hours until The Husband returns.  And while I don't want to "wish my life away", I really do count down the hours.  How fortunate I am. (Reminds me of a quote I read. "Behind all this, some great happiness is hiding." --Yehuda Amichai.  Luckily, the happiness is barely hidden - I actually feel happy, just will be happier in about 27 hours.)

Today I walked the trail in the wind!  Never thought I'd be grateful for wind, but today I am very grateful - our air is clean and fresh once again.  I can breathe freely and deeply without "tasting" the air. (Course, I've had to go out on the patio and return the grill to its rightful place a couple times, but that's a teensy price to pay.)

Isn't that a happy face?
Visited one of my favorite places:  the library.  Came home with a stack of books.  My own version of a security blanket.

Checked on the orchids for the second time this day.  And was happily startled to find one had bloomed.  I never tire of flowers.  Buddha said "If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

I'm full of quotes, today, huh?  So, I guess that means today I am very grateful for words, words that inspire and uplift, that enrich, that engender laughter, that create an atmosphere of love.  Yep words are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment