Tuesday Beginning The Week After A Monday Holiday

This has been the strangest month for me.  It feels like February.  I go to the grocery, check the expiration dates on foods where that's important (i.e. milk, yogurt, cottage cheese) and get all befuddled when it says January and I'm thinking what's the matter here - it's past that date.  When, in reality it isn't. Hope it isn't early onset Alzheimers.

Yesterday, on impulse, we ran down to BYU to see the Sacred Gifts exhibit:  a couple dozen paintings from the early 1900's of the life of the Savior.  Many of which paintings have never before left their own countries, and may never do so again.  As expected it was an inspiring visual that I hope to long remember.  Seeing those paintings up close and personal is w-a-y different than seeing them in a magazine or book.  I so loved the man who said that all Christian people can find something in common.  So lovely.

We managed to get in a quick (parking lot) visit with our son and his fiancee.  Good to see them.

Front page below the fold:  the article about net-metering featuring The Husband.  The more I read that article (and the accompanying comments by not-so-brilliant-talking-heads) the less I like it.  The journalist's reporting is not impartial nor even correct.  But whatever.  It was our money to spend and we didn't ask for anyone's approval (nor to be featured in the newspaper) nor do we need it.  I still maintain that to charge us an extra fee for conserving energy in whatever way (particularly after all the incentives and power company promotion) is greedy by the monopolistic Rocky Mountain Power. Makes me grumpy.

Not a good representation of the muck we're breathing.
The Husband headed into the dentist this a.m.  His tooth pain was a minor issue that we hope was easily resolved.  But who ever knows what the future will bring?  I think dentist and immediately envision our dollars just floating off into the great disappearing-dollar-abyss.

As we drove to Provo yesterday we were completely aghast at the air.  We knew the inversion and resulting pollution was bad, but we stick pretty close to home most days.  It is the worst I've ever seen. Thus, I was inside on the treadmill this morning.  I miss the trail.  The bad news:  it isn't predicted to change anytime soon.  Didn't think I'd ever be praying for wind/weather systems.

And oh, I just found out:  today is National Hug Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment