Experiment

Just a couple odd observations from this Friday:

• Walking in the off-and-on-barely-drizzle started the day off to perfection.

• Most of the dogs are inside in the rain.  Didn't have to endure quite so much barking at me.

• Bald guys have an advantage in the rain.  Wet skin is better than wet skin covered in wet hair.

• I'm quite fond of hoods.  And waterproof jackets.

• I'm the first one to get my jammies on (if it's dark outside and past 6 p.m - I do have some standards after all).  But, I don't think I've ever gone to the store in them.  The skinny guy we saw last night in his oversize flannel superman pj's must have thought since he had a jacket on we couldn't tell he was wearing his jammies.  In my own brazen opinion, a trip to the grocery merits clothes.

Yummy molten lava cake.
• Immersed myself in several things this afternoon:  a good book, a new sewing project, my iPad.  What a luxury to have so many options.

Experimented with a new (to me) dessert recipe:  molten lava cake.  Was a nervous wreck.  'Twould be sacrilege to ruin chocolate.  I'm delighted to say that it turned out just scrumptious!  An absolutely divine way to end my days caloric intake.

Today's thoughtful quote and one which I really like: (And how grateful I am for wise people who graciously share their wisdom. I love that we can count nearly innumerable treasures in our daily lives.)

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment