Getting Things Done

Snow on the newly trimmed tree stump.
Ran up to the DMV this a.m. to renew the tags on The Husband's Charger.  Couldn't have picked a better time - walked in and didn't even have enough time to sit down before my number was called. Done with that item.

Spent some time on the treadmill (we woke up to snow and more snow) - managed to get in over 11,000 steps before 8 a.m.  Exercise:  check, and done.

Managed to get the laundry all washed, dried and folded.  In addition to vacuuming the floors, running to the grocery, fixing lunch and paying a bill or two.  House chores:  done.

All that busy work left me feeling quite accomplished. (Except for those things on my list that I expect to complete over the coming days/weeks/months.  Cleaning/paring down has commenced.)

Gave me time to wonder how our oldest son is faring.  The day after his birthday the sewer backed up into his apartment.  He lost some clothes and I imagine other stuff, too.  That kind of thing would definitely put a damper in my week.  But, he's a good sport and hasn't complained.

Received a phone call yesterday from a sweet soul - she hadn't seen me at church and wanted to check on me and make sure I'm ok.  What a lift to my spirits.  I generally feel pretty extraneous and invisible. Felt marginally less so after her call.

And today's gratitude is for the moisture (snow) we've received.  For a working washer and dryer.  For kisses dropped on my lips as The Husband passes through.  How lovely. And for shared chocolate cherry cordials.  They somehow taste better when gifted.

"Magic is believing in yourself.  If you can do that, you can make anything happen."  --Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment