Good Things

My orchids .
So, it's been a couple of wildly weird and slightly stressful days.  Some good things I noted:

I like my visiting teachers.  I feel like I have a couple friends there.

Popcorn at the movie purchased with a $2 off coupon somehow tastes better.

Even dumb movies are fun when shared with a friend.

I wished more people had attended the symphony - they would have left feeling buoyed up and enriched.

Practicing and practicing and practicing for my piano solo in church (was asked to fill in literally 48 hours ahead of time) and having the practice pretty much pay off was good.  My goal:  to bring the Spirit to the worship of the congregation.  Hopefully I succeeded.

There's something about the hymns that feeds my soul. The practice became a sort of balm to my heart (and I didn't really think my heart hurt all that much).  I'm so grateful for lovely music.

I'm not really a great cook (don't care much for cooking) but found it so rewarding when company asked for seconds on my lasagna.

People who are younger who are patient with us older folks show great kindness.

Hugs are a great invention. (And so are brownies.)

I love that there are people who are articulate and share their wisdom.

Hope.  Yep, a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment