People Are Interesting and Lesson Learned

Watched a guy waiting for the Trax train yesterday.  Headphones on head.  Dancing.  Not wild gyrations calling attention to himself.  But just a gentle-I'm-really-enjoying-this-song-here-all-by-myself-don't-need-anything-from-anyone dance.  And he could really move.  I hope I'll remember this for a long time, it brought a smile.

And there I am, on the trail, bundled up in my warm pants, jacket, gloves and earmuffs (the very most critical part of my winter walking ensemble. After all, it was barely 30 degrees out.)  And this kid passes me on his way (riding his bike) to the middle school.  His attire:  heavy coat - complete with a snug fur lined hood, thick mittens, heavy shoes (& I presume thick socks).  And shorts.  Yes....shorts.

Went to the movie on Saturday with some friends.  One of those based on a true story.  My advantage was that I had read the book (and loved it, as well.) So grateful for uplifting occurrences.

Good Morning Sunshine!
Decided this morning to dispense with my final spritz of hairspray to hold my style.  Won't be doing that again.  In ten minutes I had no style.  And it wasn't even humid. Lesson learned.

Was so delighted on the last leg of my morning walk to look up and see...The Husband!  What fun to share the last half mile with my bestest friend.  Enjoying the sunrise.  And each other.

Ran across this quote that I so love.

“The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.

The more we say thanks, the more we find to be thankful for.

And the more we find to be thankful for, the happier we become.

We don't give thanks because we're happy.

We are happy because we give thanks.”


― Douglas WoodSecret of Saying Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment