Determined To Have A Young Heart

The best thing about this Friday is:  The Husband's home!  I actually slept last night after his late arrival.  I faced the day with a bit more happy anticipation and have felt like the earth is once more rotating on the right axis.

Our oldest daughter arrived today - she's only here for for about 48 hours, but what fun!  We love the whole family, but it is a rarity for us to get to spend one-on-one time with any of our children.  I quite like it.

Received a gift today of some children's books to add to my collection.  I really can't remember the last time I added to my collection, I've been on such an "austerity" kick.  A delightful surprise.
Cute books gifted me!

Was surprised to hear The Husband talk about a conversation they had at his work.  Lots of the people he works with are a bit younger.  He mentioned some currently popular singers whose music we like.  The young people didn't even know who the singers were!!  We like that music, even if we are old fuddie duddies.  

And yes, we can program our DVR, use our cell phones for phone calls, pictures, games and (until I lost access to it on my new phone) Instagram.  We have iPods, iPads (but Android phones are our preference) eReaders, computers on our bicycles and FitBits to track our steps.

I may acquire years as I age, but I hope to always remain young-at-heart/spirit.  I'm not ready to be old yet. (Even if my hair is streaked with grey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment