Unexpected

Stopped on my walk yesterday to pull up some grass and feed it to the goat and the mini-horse.  Was unexpectedly engaged in conversation by a young man.  He looked about 15 or so, riding his bike to high school.  He stopped and wanted to chat about the goat/what goats eat/bring carrots next time, etc.  All the while with  a nice smile on his face and a kind air about him.  Can't think of too many teen boys who would make it a point to stop and talk to some old lady.  I wish him well.  He certainly has some interpersonal skills nailed already. (And it was unexpectedly pleasant for me to have my day-greet brightened in this way.)

Decided last night to finally open the package of cookies I've been saving for a "need cookie" day.  The Keebler answer to the Girl Scout Samoa cookie:  Coconut Dream.  Not a difficult cookie to enjoy.  Or eat.  But apparently my tooth thought it was a bit much.  Unexpectedly found myself chewing grit.  Which in actuality was part of my crown that broke off.  Sigh....  The dentist can't get me in until Tuesday.  I'll be eating much more carefully and slowly until then.  Maybe that's a good thing.

The most heavenly shade of blue!
Nearly stepped on this shell.  I'm hoping it means there's a happy baby robin out there and not a mourning mama robin because her nest has been robbed as some bigger/rottener birds are wont to do.

Am getting my usual pre-event jitters.  Spending the day tomorrow at Women's conference.  It should be fabulous.  But I feel out-of-sorts when I'm away from The Husband for more than an hour or so.  :^)

I'm grateful today for unexpectedness.  It prompts awareness.  Reminds me of my blessings.  Revives my interest and my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment